Sunday, February 28, 2010

a calling, the temple, and music

This letter was sent to Emily (Harris) Brashear on February 15, 2010

Dear Emily,
Hey sorry I didn't get a letter out to you last week! The time came, the laundry took forever and then P-Day was over.

So, how are things? I'm doing fabulous here! I've been called as the Coordinating Sister for my branch. Which means I take care of all the sister issues if we have any! Luckily, there hasn't been anything and I hope everything continues to run smoothly.

I went to the temple this morning. It was beautiful as always. I love to be there. I t gives me time for everything to sink in and just kind of gives my brain a rest and something different to focus on.

So, how's your throat? Thanks for the diagram by the way. That was great! lol.

This week we are getting two new sisters and my companions and I get to be Host Missionaries. Meaning we take them around to their rooms and to get their name tags and books and everything! I'm WAY excited for them! I know my first day here was so overwhelming so I hope we can make it fun for them and be good examples.

I can't believe I have a little less than 3 weeks here! I should be getting flight plans soon, like maybe next week! I just hope my Tagalog will be better. haha. As long as I can say where's the CR (comfort room/bathroom) I should be okay, right? Do they even have bathrooms? Who knows? haha

Well, this week I sang in another branch with a hermana that aksed me to sing with her "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". It went really well. Music is my sanctuary here. It is definitely masarap sa kaluluwa ko (delicious to my soul) haha.

So what did you and Jake do for Valentine's? Anything fun? Just another day to me. haha. Well I better go! Thank you for the letters! Keep 'em comin'!

Love ya tons!
Sister Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment