Monday, February 8, 2010

One month to go!

This letter was sent to Emily (Harris) Brashear on February 1, 2010

Dear Emily,
Thank you for continuing to write! I LOVE hearing from you! This is my one month away from departure mark! I'm supposed to leave March 1st!

Okay so I have to apologize for what I said previously about my companion! haha. I hope you didn't post that on my blog! LOL. We are all actually getting along so great! Like everything, it comes after we put forth the work to accomplish whatever it is, and then the Lord will bless us!

This week has been great! I'm growing more in the gospel everyday and the language is coming along. I put your name on the temple prayer roll and I'm praying everyday you will be blessed by the Lord with a child! Every little bit helps, right? I know those moments very well of hating the RS "good news minute"! LOL. Don't worry, Em! I got your back!

I don't have any particular stories to tell this week. I'm addicted to the Book of Mormon. I hope to finish it again by the time I leave the MTC. Sorry this letter is so short this week. Keep studying as hard as you are in the scriptures! I'm so proud!

One thing I was studying this week was the comparison of Isaiah and 2nd Nephi! Such a good read. I highly recommend it! I love the correlation which just makes my testimony stronger that God is the same today, yesterday and forever. Particularly the part of how the Lord tells both Isaiah, Nephi, and Joseph Smith all about how men draw near to Him with their lips but their hearts are far from Him . . . So awesome!

So did you get your dad's temple work done? How did that go? I'm sure he'll be happy to have it done. We've been talking a lot about the Plan of Salvation this week and the afterlife. I know that your dad is happy and has had a chance to receive the gospel. Well, ok, so maybe I don't know, but having you as a daughter, I'm sure he'll recognize a great opportunity when he sees it. There's another reason why I know God loves us. He gives us so many chances to make the right choice or fix our stupid choices!

Well, I hope everything is going well! Take care!
Love ya tons!

Sister Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment